Welcome back! I hope you all had an enjoyable and safe summer holiday. It was lovely to see the children back yesterday and looking so smart in their school uniforms. All the teachers enjoyed their first 2 days with their new classes and we are all raring to get going!
Launch Days (Monday 7 September)
This is a reminder that on Monday we are launching our topics for this term. It would be great to see the children fully participate and come dressed up in costumes linked to their topics.
Year 3 A Roman soldier, a toga wearing Roman citizen, a lady wearing a Roman ‘stolla’ or a man wearing a Roman ‘tunic’
Year 4 A child from the Stone Age, Bronze Age or Iron Age, a Stone Age hunter, a farmer from a Celtic Settlement, Celtic Warrior
Year 5 Ancient Egyptian
Year 6 World War II soldier, Air raid warden, 1940’s lady, Evacuee, Navy/ Airforce uniform or Land girl
We do not expect you to spend any money on the costumes and ideas that didn’t cost any money were suggested in the Termly Booklets that your child received during Transition Day.
Meet the Teacher Evening (Thursday 10 September 7pm)
Our annual ‘Meet the Teacher’ evening, where you have a chance to hear what your child will be learning next year, is next week on Thursday 10 September starting at 7.00pm. This meeting is unsuitable for children.
Homework Club (Tuesday 15 September)
Homework Club will start again on Tuesday 15 September between 3:15 and 4:15pm. Please make sure your child has homework to complete.
If your child takes medication, please hand it into the school office and sign the appropriate form. Please make sure that any medication, especially asthma pumps and epi-pens, are in date.
Our school’s Breakfast Bar is open from 8:00am until 8.40am every morning. Parents and children are welcome. A slice of toast is 30p and drinks are 40p.
Snack and Tuck Shop at Break Times
This is a reminder that only fruit and vegetables are allowed for snack during morning break. We have a Tuck Shop selling a variety of fruit and vegetable (some grown by our Gardening Club). Fruit/ Vegetable cost 25p and drinks cost 40p.
At Lunchtimes every class is allocated a Midday Assistant. If there is a problem then your child has someone they can go to.
|Class||Mid Day Assistant|
|Miss Panagiotidou||Mrs Pentelow|
|Miss Day||Mr Pacitto|
|Mrs Kaleel||Mrs Harold|
|Mr Davey||Mrs Leys|
|Mrs King||Mrs Page|
|Miss Biggs||Mrs Taylor|
|Miss O’Riordan||Mrs Johnson|
School dinners remain at £1.90 a day (£9.50 a week) for either a hot meal or school-prepared packed lunch. If you are supplying a packed lunch please make sure there are no ‘block’ chocolate items included and crisps are only allowed on Fridays. We have a number of children with a peanut allergy so please refrain from peanut based products.
Please make sure your child has their named PE kit in school.
This is a reminder to parents that they should only enter the school via the office. Please do not enter the school via the back door.
The Petal Shelter is a seating area. Feel free to use it before and after school, but please make sure your children do not climb on it.
We continue to develop children’s independence with their learning. You can help this by:
- Ensuring your child is organised and brings everything into school in the morning.
- Giving money in a named envelope for your child to hand to their class teacher.
- Telling your child in the morning where they will be collected and by whom at the end of the day.
- Reminding your child in the morning of clubs they will be attending.
- Checking your child’s book bag for letters (especially this newsletter).
There has been an increase in the number of messages coming into the Office that need to be passed on to children. Passing on these cause disruptions, not only to your child’s learning, but to the rest of the children’s learning in your child’s class.
This is a reminder:
- if your child is absent can you please notify the office on the first day as to the reason why
- if your child is absent due to illness for more than 3 days then the parent must provide some evidence that they have visited a GP. This could be either a signed compliment slip from the doctor, appointment card or a photocopy of the prescribed medicine.
- any child entering the front door between 8:50am and 9:10am will be marked as late.
- if there is regular lateness then your child may have to stay in during playtime or lunchtime to catch up on their work.
- any child late after 9:10am will be marked as unauthorised absence, unless you provide evidence of a medical appointment eg appointment card/ prescribed medicine or a signed compliment slip from the doctor. A number of unauthorised lateness (after 9:10am) could result in a penalty notice being issued.
Dates for your diary
Thursday 3 September Children return
Monday 7 September Launch Day
Thursday 10 September Meet the Teachers’ Evening (7pm)
Monday 14 September Year 3 Trip to Verulamium in St Albans
Wednesday 16 September Year 4 Trip to Museum of London
Friday 25 September Year 6 Trip to Imperial war Museum Duxford
Wednesday 14 October Year 4 Harvest Assembly (Parents welcome)
Friday 23 October Break up from School
Monday 2 November INSET Day
Tuesday 3 November Children return
Tuesday 17 November Pupil Progress Meetings
Thursday 19 November Pupil Progress Meetings
Friday 18 December Break up from school
Monday 4 January Children return
Thursday 11 February Break up from school
Friday 12 February INSET Day
Monday 22 February Children return
Thursday 24 March Break up from school
Monday 11 April Children return
Thursday 26 May Break up from school
Monday 6 June Children return
Wednesday 20 July Break up from school