Welcome back to another year. Thank you to all the parents who came and supported the Meet the Teacher Evening last night. This newsletter is full of information so please read it carefully and make note of the all the dates and information. I look forward to working with you this year.
Homework Club (Tuesday 9 September 3:15PM)
Homework Club begins next Tuesday (9 September) from 3.15 – 4.15pm.
Year 3 Trip (Friday 12 September 10am- 1pm)
As part of the town’s Holy Cross Day celebrations, we have been asked along to a special Church Service next Friday (12 September). Year 3 will be leaving school at about 10:00pm and returning to school at 1pm. They will need a packed lunch. If you are entitled to Free School Meals and would like the kitchen to provide a meal, please inform the school office by next Wednesday (10 September).
King Harold Road Show (Wednesday 17 September- 6pm)
The Headteacher of King Harold Enterprise Academy, Denice Harper, and some members of staff will hold a Road Show for parents of children in Year 5 and 6. The Road Show takes place on Wednesday 17 September starting at 6:00pm. The Road Show will be held here at The Leverton Junior School.
Maths Classes for Parents (Wednesday 24 September- 9:30am)
Following the success of previous maths classes, I am pleased to announce that the maths classes will start again on Wednesday 24 September 2014 starting at 9:30 for 5 weeks. You will be in control of these sessions so come along and ask the tutor what you are looking for and she will plan sessions around this.
I am pleased to announce that Mrs Kristin Dockar will be working as a part time SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) one day a week. The dates that Mrs Dockar is working are below. To make an appointment to meet with her, please speak with a member of the school office.
If your child takes medication, please hand it into the school office and sign the appropriate form. Please make sure that any medication, especially asthma pumps and epi-pens, are in date.
School dinners remain at £1.90 a day (£9.50 a week) for either a hot meal or school-prepared packed lunch. If you are supplying a packed lunch please make sure there are no ‘block’ chocolate items included and crisps are only allowed on Fridays.
At Lunchtimes every class is allocated a Mid Day Assistant. If there is a problem then your child has someone they can go to.
|Class||Mid Day Assistant|
|Miss Kent||Mrs Pentelow|
|Mrs Watson||Mrs Page|
|Mrs Westney/ Miss Gibbs||Mr Pacitto|
|Mrs Kaleel||Mrs Harrold|
|Mr Davey||Mrs Taylor|
|Miss Biggs||Mrs Leys|
|Miss Bektas||Mrs Johnson/ Mrs Brown|
|Miss O’Riordan||Miss Hazelwood|
Our school’s Breakfast Bar is open from 8:05am until 8.40am every morning. Parents and children are welcome. A slice of toast is 30p and drinks are 40p.
Snack at Break Times
This is a reminder that only fruit and vegetables are allowed for snack during morning break.
Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school.
This is a reminder to parents that they should only enter the school via the office. Please do not enter the school via the back door.
We continue to develop children’s independence with their learning. You can help this by:
- Ensuring your child is organised and brings everything into school in the morning.
- Giving money in a named envelope for your child to hand to their class teacher.
- Telling your child in the morning where they will be collected and by whom at the end of the day.
- Reminding your child of clubs they will be attending in the morning.
- Checking your child’s book bag for letters (especially this newsletter).
There has been an increase in the number of messages coming into the Office that need to be passed on to children. Passing on these cause disruptions not only to your child’s learning, but the rest of the children’s learning in your child’s class.
This is a reminder:
- if your child is absent can you please notify the office on the first day as to the reason why
- if your child is absent due to illness for more than 3 days then the parent must provide some evidence that they have visited a GP. This could be either a signed compliment slip from the doctor, appointment card or a photocopy of the prescribed medicine.
- any child entering the front door between 8:50am and 9:10am will be marked as late.
- if there is regular lateness then your child may have to stay in during playtime or lunchtime to catch up on their work.
- any child late after 9:10am will be marked as unauthorised absence, unless you provide evidence of a medical appointment eg appointment card/ prescribed medicine or a signed compliment slip from the doctor. A number of unauthorised lateness (after 9:10am) could result in a meeting with the Headteacher.
Dates for your diary
Friday 12 September Year 3 to Abbey Chruch (10am)
Friday 12 September Mrs Dockar (SENCO)
Monday 15 September Mrs Dockar (SENCO)
Tuesday 16 September Yr 4 trip to London Museum
Wednesday 17 September King Harold Road Show for Year 5 and 6 Children (6pm)
Monday 22 September Mrs Dockar (SENCO)
Tuesday 23 September SEN Support Plan meetings with parents
Thursday 25 September Yr 6 to Duxford
Monday 29 September Mrs Dockar (SENCO)
Tuesday 30 September Yr 5 Living History Workshops in all day
Monday 6 October Mrs Dockar (SENCO)
Monday 6 October Yr 3 to Verulamium in St Albans
Friday 17 October Mrs Dockar (SENCO)
Monday 20 October Mrs Dockar (SENCO)
Tuesday 21 October Yr 4 Harvest Festival Assembly (2pm)
Friday 24 October Break for Half Term
Monday 3 November Return to School
Wednesday 19 November Pupil Progress Meetings (3:15pm)
Thursday 20 November Pupil Progress Meetings (5:30pm)
Friday 19 December Break up from school (3:15pm)
Monday 5 January Return to school (8:45am)
Thursday 12 February Break up from school (3:15pm)
Monday 23 February Return to school (8:45am)
Friday 27 March Break up from school (3:15pm)
Monday 13 April Return to school (8:45am)
Thursday 21 May Break up from school (3:15pm)
Monday 1 June Return to school (8:45am)
Friday 17 July Break up from school (3:15pm)