Welcome back to another year. I hope you all feel very refreshed after the summer break. I look forward to working with you all for another successful year.
Well done to Lacey Baccarini-Howell, India Woods (Mrs Watson’s Class), Tyreece Parkhurst (Miss Wood’s Class), Eden McCartney, Jamie Schooling, Kerim Taylor-Salih, Herminone Scott, Corey Marks, Cameron Straughan, Reggie Pegrum, Rico Thomas (Mrs Raddon’s Class) who received Green Cards this week.
Homework Club (Tuesday 10 September 3:15PM)
Homework Club begins next Tuesday (10 September) from 3.15 – 4.15pm. You child should only attend if they have homework to complete.
Year 5/6 Tag Rugby Trials (Wednesday 11 September 12:15pm)
Any child in Year 5 and 6 who would like to try out to represent the school in the Tag Rugby competition this year will have a trial next Wednesday (11 Sept) at 12:15. The children will have their lunch after the trial. Please make sure your child has a change of clothes. If your child is selected they will have to commit to training every Thursday from 3:20- 4:20pm.
Year 5/6 Football Trials (Thursday 12 September 12:15pm)
Any child in Year 5 and 6 who would like to try out to represent the school in the school Football competition this year will have a trial next Thursday (12 Sept) at 12:15. The children will have their lunch after the trial. Please make sure your child has a change of clothes. If your child is selected they will have to commit to training every Thursday from 12:15- 12:45pm.
Year 3 Trip (Friday 13 September 10am- 1pm)
As part of the town’s Holy Cross Day celebrations, we have been asked along to a special Church Service next Friday (13 September). Year 3 will be leaving school at about 10:00pm and returning to school at 1pm. They will need a packed lunch. If you are entitled to Free School Meals and would like the kitchen to provide a meal, please inform the school office by next Wednesday.
Autumn Fair (Saturday 28 September 12pm- 3pm)
Our School’s PTA is organising our third annual Autumn Fair is on 28 September. Please keep the date free and encourage friends and family to attend. All money raised will be going towards improving the facilities in the playground.
King Harold Road Show (Wednesday 2 October- 6pm)
The Headteacher of King Harold Enterprise Academy, Denice Harper, and some members of staff will hold a Road Show for parents of children in Year 5 and 6. The Road Show takes place on Wednesday, 2 October starting at 6:00pm. The Road Show will be held here at The Leverton Junior School.
If your child takes medication, please hand it into the school office and sign the appropriate form. Please make sure that any medication, especially asthma pumps and epi-pens, are in date.
School dinners remain at £1.90 a day (£9.50 a week) for either a hot meal or school-prepared packed lunch. If you are supplying a packed lunch please make sure there are no ‘block’ chocolate items included and crisps are only allowed on Fridays.
Our school’s Breakfast Bar is open from 8:05am until 8.35am every morning. Parents and children are welcome. A slice of toast is 30p and drinks are 40p.
Snack at Break Times
This is a reminder that only fruit and vegetables are allowed for snack during morning break.
Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school.
At Lunchtimes every class is allocated a Mid Day Assistant. If there is a problem then your child has someone they can go to.
Mid Day Assistant
|Miss Kent||Mrs Pentelow|
|Mrs Watson||Mrs Thorogood|
|Mr Davey||Mr Pacitto|
|Mrs Sach||Mrs Hazelwood|
|Miss O’Riordan||Mrs Taylor|
|Mrs Raddon||Mrs Johnson|
|Miss Biggs||Mrs Leys|
|Miss Gibbs||Mrs Troshupa|
|Miss Wood||Mrs Brown|
This is a reminder to parents that they should only enter the school via the office. Please do not enter the school via the back door.
One of the school’s priorities this year is to increase children’s independence with their learning. You can help this by:
- Ensuring your child is organised and brings everything into school in the morning.
- Giving money in a named envelope for your child to hand to their class teacher.
- Telling your child in the morning where they will be collected and by whom at the end of the day.
- Reminding your child of clubs they will be attending in the morning.
- Checking your child’s book bag for letters (especially this newsletter).
There has been an increase in the number of messages coming into the Office that need to be passed on to children. Passing on these cause disruptions not only to your child’s learning, but the rest of the children’s learning in your child’s class.
This is a reminder:
- if your child is absent can you please notify the office on the first day as to the reason why
- if your child is absent due to illness for more than 3 days then the parent must provide some evidence that they have visited a GP. This could be either a signed compliment slip from the doctor, appointment card or a photocopy of the prescribed medicine.
- any child entering the front door between 8:50am and 9:10am will be marked as late.
- if there is regular lateness then your child may have to stay in during playtime or lunchtime to catch up on their work.
- any child late after 9:10am will be marked as unauthorised absence, unless you provide evidence of a medical appointment eg appointment card/ prescribed medicine or a signed compliment slip from the doctor. A number of unauthorised lateness (after 9:10am) could result in a meeting with the Headteacher.
Dates for your diary
Wed 4 September Return to school (8:45am)
Thurs 5 September Meet the Teacher Evening (7.00pm)
Wed 11 September Sun Street Museum (Year 4)
Tues 17 September Dads’ Drinks with Mr Woollcott (7pm Volunteer Pub)
Wed 18 September Coffee Morning (9am-Year 3/4 Parents)
Thurs 19 September Mrs Raddon’s Class starts Swimming
Fri 20 September Coffee Morning (9am- Year 5/6 Parents)
Sat 28 September Autumn Fair
Wed 2 October King Harold Road Show for Year 5 and 6 Parents/ Children (6:00pm)
Wed 16 October Family Fun Time (3:15-4:15)
Fri 25 October Break up from school (3:15pm)
Tues 5 November Return to school (8:45am)
Year 3 Trip
I give permission for my child __________________________________ to attend the Holy Cross Church Service on Friday 13 September.